2015 Moreton Stakes Field, Barriers & Odds
Moreton Stakes News
Just 12 fillies and mares have been confirmed in the final field for Saturday’s Group 3 Glenlogan Park Stakes (1350m) at Doomben; offering punters exceptional value from a betting standpoint and several key opportunities to place a winning wager. I’ve Got The Looks ($3.80) is yet to taste anything but…
- 2015 Glenlogan Park Stakes Odds and Betting Update
- 2015 Glenlogan Park Stakes Nominations Released
- 2014 Glenlogan Park Stakes Results – Srikandi Wins!
- 2014 Moreton Stakes Betting Preview and Tips
- 2014 Moreton Stakes Betting Update
- Read more news at horseracing.com.au
The 2015 Moreton Stakes, also known as the 2015 Glenlogan Park Stakes, is a Group 3 race that takes place at Doomben Racecourse as part of the Brisbane Winter Racing Carnival. Run over a distance of 1,350 metres, the Moreton Stakes is worth $150,000 in prize money. The Moreton Stakes is held under set weight plus penalty conditions and is open to fillies and mares only.
The 2015 Moreton Stakes, also called the Glenlogan Park Stakes, is due to take place on Saturday May 23, 2015.
Moreton Stakes Special Offer:
Get a $500 Bonus Bet* from Ladbrokes.com.au
The Glenlogan Park Moreton Stakes is run as part of Doomben 10,000 Day and shares its program with a number of impressive events:
- $750,000 Group 1 Doomben 10,000 (1350m) WFA
- $250,000 Group 2 Sires’ Produce Stakes (1350m) 2YO SW
- $175,000 Group 2 The Roses (2200m) 3YO Fillies SW
- $150,000 Group 3 Grand Prix Stakes (2200m) SW
- $125,000 Group 3 Fred Best Classic (1350m) 3YO SW
- $125,000 Group 3 Lord Mayor’s Cup (1600m) WFA
- $125,000 Group 3 Premier’s Cup (2200m) Quality
- $100,000 Listed Ascot Handicap (1200m) Quality
The Moreton Stakes is often taken on by fillies and mares that have shown their skills during the previous summer or autumn months. A key lead up race to the Moreton Stakes is often the Listed Silk Stocking, which is run at the Gold Coast over 1,200 metres two weeks’ earlier. Those horses that run well in the Moreton Stakes may then go on to run in the Group 1 Tattersall’s Tiara over 1,400 metres for fillies and mares on the final day of the Brisbane Winter Carnival.
In other racing news, the Queensland Oaks 2015 is scheduled for the 30th of May and it is a revered Brisbane Winter Racing Carnival favourite. As an event open to 3-year-old fillies, it boasts a prize money bounty totaling $400,000 for a distance of 2,400 metres. Hosted at Eagle Farm Racecourse, the Queensland Oaks is open to not only local punters, but bettors all around the country. Starting in 1951, the race is run towards late May and early June each year.
Glenlogan Park Stakes Betting
You will be able to bet on the Glenlogan Park Stakes with a variety of combinations such as a wins, places, trifectas, quinellas, first fours and exactas. Form guides for betting on the Glenlogan Park Stakes can be prepared by studying each horse’s previous performance prior to the race each year.
One of the best Glenlogan Park Stakes betting tips you can pay attention to is looking for in-form fillies and mares. When making your betting selections, look for horses that have had plenty of lead-up races, preferably over that distance.